Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Personal Coffee Cake & Transit

Helloooooo, friends!
We've missed you. Have you missed us? Well, you may or may not have noticed that there was no post last week. It's really all my fault, I was completely distracted with life things and work and Buffy the Vampire Slayer. Seriously though, what an amazing television series. If you haven't watched it, please do. It's on netflix.

This was supposed to be posted last week as a mini post since it was a busy week, but instead it's being posted today. We have a short short followed by a short recipe. Next week we will have a whole, real post with a vlog and everything!

Transit
Written & Directed by Kerry Wheldon (2004)

I feel like we've all had these moments, gay or straight, bus or somewhere else. You see someone, they see you, you look away... and then you wonder if they're looking at you in the same way you're looking at them or if they're just looking at you because you looked at them and they think you're weird! It's funny. It's frustrating!
I think that being queer, I often get stuck on the part where only a tiny percent of the population is also queer, hence this person probably is not and I'm creeping her out now.

Regardless, I think this experience resonates with us all. I like the end where she just laughs at herself.
Next time someone on the bus smiles at you, talk to them. For me. And may the odds be ever in your favor... yeah, I did that. -Lore

I finished my first (real) semester of art school guysss*! Though as T.S. Eliot said, it ended with a whimper rather than a bang: I turned in three portfolios and caught a cold. While I was wallowing in this cold and watching Community however, I made this awesome personal coffee cake!
You just microwave it! I found this recipe when I didn't have a microwave and I was kind of bummed out, so I sympathize if you are going to have to pass this one up. Everyone else though, get in on it. It is made with things you probably already have and is delicious. Make it for a snack. For dessert. For breakfast for that cute girl you brought home. So versatile. I almost wonder if I could make one that was just half crumb topping. Mmmm. 

Have a good rest-of-the-week! I am taking a 29 hour train ride up to Portland and it is going to be SO MUCH FUN. (Actually I am thinking there will either be cool encounters or tiring stranger danger. We will see!) -syd

*Next goal, live in a place longer than a year, and don't change schools/majors.


No comments:

Post a Comment