Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Zucchini With Beanballs and Water Lilies

Hello! Welcome to date cinq (5). Syd and I are happy to have you with us.

I feel like this renedezvous is a good time to share something very personal. The internet often overwhelms me. I don't understand the twitter or the pinstagram or how a tumblr is different than what livejournal used to be. What I do know is that sometimes as I get lost in the jumble, I find neat stuff. I found this recipe on a fantastic blog/website, which I acquired from a friend's tumblr, which she linked to me on facebook. It's networking on a whole different level! And it's delicious. enjoy!

You will need :
2-3 Zucchinis
1 can of black beans
1 handful of oats
marinara/tomato/somesortof sauce
bread crumbs
maybe some soy sauce
vegetable oil

Start by julienning (cutting into matchstick-like pieces) the zucchini. Have someone drain and mash the can of black beans as you do this. Add a handful of oats to the mashed beans. Mash some more. Fry the zucchini in some oil. Add some soy sauce if you like that. Make little bean balls out of your bean concoction and coat them with bread crumbs. Fry said bean balls in some oil. You can add some soy sauce to these as well. Place bean balls on zucchini as if they are pasta. Pour warm sauce on top. Enjoy. Discover other simple and easy recipes on www.theveganstoner.com YUM!

Now onto the awkward movie I like to make people watch!





Water Lilies (2007)
Written and Directed by CĂ©line Sciamma
Trailer

The trailer soundtrack is kind of misleading in my mind, I feel like there was actually a very noticeable quietness to this movie. Maybe it was just the awkward.


Set in a suburb somewhere in France, Water Lilies* focuses on three girls in their coming-of-age suffering. Anne is part of a synchronized swimming group and one day her friend Marie comes to see her perform. Marie instead takes note of another team's captain, Florian, and becomes infatuated. She does all she can to join the team, but sort of ends up just tagging along. Florian uses this dedication as sort of an ego boost and also Marie as an alibi for her going out and meeting boys. Anne also has boy troubles, but instead of getting too much attention it's that she can't get attention from the one she wants. Her dedication is also eventually abused, and so really nobody ends up happy. Still, as Wikipedia eloquently says, they "come to learn the true meaning of arousal and the power of sexual attraction," so that's something right?

Overall Rating:
Syd: Like I said, I am very on the fence, which is sort of an unusual feeling for me since I usually just like or dislike movies. (I am really not a movie person, don't ask) 5 out of 10 beanballs.
Lore: 4.5 beanballs.

Queer Rating:

Syd: 5.5 beanballs
Lore: 6.5 beanballs

Thanks for dropping byy~ keep putting down the heteropartiarchy and eating delicious things!


*Or, Birth of the Octopuses. I am guessing something is lost in translation? Still, sometimes I feel like keeping that original title would be an interesting effort to see things other ways. A great article with more thoughts on book translation here



No comments:

Post a Comment